Welcome to First 5 Calaveras, strengthening families and supporting them in raising healthy children ages 0 to 5 years old.
All Calaveras County children will enter school safe, healthy, and ready to learn.
Facilitate partnerships and fund strategies that strengthen families and support them in raising healthy
children 0-5 years old.
- Strong Families
- Healthy Children
- Children Learning & Ready for School
- Systems Integration & Collaboration
- A child's developmental potential is influenced prenatally, in infancy and in early childhood and may significantly impact the level of adult achievement.
- Healthy childhood development benefits the community and therefore should be a priority of the community.
- A healthy family is a collection of people related by birth, marriage, adoption or personal ties who take responsibility for the child and provide support in a loving, nurturing environment.
- Strong families are crucial to a child's healthy development.
- Family responsibility should be encouraged and supported.
- Inclusion of all Calaveras communities, including all income levels, geographic regions, ethnic, linguistic and cultural populations and individuals or groups with special needs should be promoted in commission activities, programs and services.
- Maximization of existing and potential resources through coordination/integration of services and creative/innovative use of available funding sources will be a priority.
- Be responsive to new catastrophic and emergency conditions jeopardizing safety-net resources for children
Measurable results are expected from all Commission supported programs and services.